Connecting our Community Through Informative Stories

Freethinker

Freethinker

Freethinker

Blue Wave Swims Its Way to Success at State

Three MPA students qualified for the state Girls’ Swim Meet at the MSHSL Section 4A Meet on November 10, 2023. Senior Izzy Espinosa qualified in the 200 Yard Freestyle, 500 Yard Freestyle, 400 Yard Freestyle Relay, and 200 Yard Medley Relay. Freshman Josie MacDonald qualified in the 100 Yard Backstroke and competed in the same relays as Espinosa. Freshman Julia Anderson qualified in the same relays as Espinosa and MacDonald.

The swim team, in partnership with St. Croix Preparatory Academy, calls itself the “Blue Wave.” After a season filled with teamwide successes, their season culminated at the Jean K. Freedman Aquatic Center at the University of Minnesota. Forty-one teams from across the state competed at the meet, which took place on November 16-18, 2023.

MPA did not disappoint in final placings, as the team placed 13th overall in Class A. Espinosa placed 5th in the 200 Yard Freestyle and 2nd in the 500 Yard Freestyle. The 200 Yard Medley Relay consisting of Espinosa, Anderson, MacDonald, and Bella Muyres of St. Croix Preparatory placed 11th among 22 teams. The 400 Yard Freestyle Relay consisting of the three MPA students and Giulia Moggia of St. Croix Preparatory placed 10th among 24 teams.

Congrats Blue Wave and go Panthers!